|The Church of Santa Croce
It was not our first visit to Florence. But...
|The Church Interior
Mendicant orders of Franciscans and Dominicans...
|Annunciation by Donatello|
|Frescoes by Giotto
The Franciscans have tried to involve broad...
|Gravestone of Dante|
|Gravestone of Michelangelo
The church of Santa Croce is a pantheon of...
|The church of Santa Maria Novella|
The next item on our itinerary was the church...
|South Doors of Baptistery
Our next destination on this route - the...
|"Mercy" and "Humility"|
The octagonal Baptistery, which is much older...
|North doors of the Baptistery
The author of the north portal of the Baptistery...
|Evangelists St. Luke and St. Mark|
Condition for obtaining an order for these...
| "The Gates of Paradise" by Ghiberti
Well, and finally, the famous southern doors!
|Jacob and Esau|
In contrast to the reliefs of the eastern...
|Bell Tower of Duomo
It could be told a lot about the Cathedral...
|Reliefs of Bell Tower|
One can often read that only in such a beautiful...
- panzanella (salad of bread and tomatoes)
- pappa al pomodoro (tomato-bread soup)
- ribolita (potage made with bread and vegetables)
- stracciatella (egg-drop soup)
- ravioli nudi (naked ravioli)
- lasagna al forno (lasagna)
- pappardelle sulla lepre (pappardelle with hare sauce)
- tagliata alla fiorentina (sliced steak Florentine style)
- trippa alla fiorentina (Florentine tripe)
- bistecca fiorentina (Florentine steak)
- bistecche di maiale (grilled pork chops)
- pollo alla fiorentina (Florentine chicken)
- baccala alla fiorentina (dried cod Florentine style)